Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
For sure do not want Tropicana---who wants our address named after fruit juice! I like Coconut Drive, but there is already a Coconut Dr. going south----and it ends when you get to town.

What about "Ambergris Amble" or better yet "Ambergris Gamble" as that is what it is likely to be after some rain and tide action?

Captain One Iron
Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
Everyone seems to forget that there is NO ROAD only a trail across private land. If there was a road it would be different but there is no road. Our town board has no respect for the people and does not consult with the people on anything. They believe that they have POWER and are not accountable. They will be held accountable in the next election and in the community as a whole. We know who is who. Those that are involved with this will never receive any support from me. They are supposed to represent us not dictate to us. Who do they think they are. Lone BS in my book.

So tell me then, what about the letter of agreement with Mexico to build the road from Mexico to San Pedro.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
The signs that say "Tropican" went up in the last year. Does anyone know who put them up?
I agree with Elbert - Coconut Drive - and why could it not connect through town. Or maybe North Coconut Drive?
And yes, the taxis and most others have slowed down - humm - wonder who made that happen?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
L
L
Hopefully, they will continue to drive slowly after the 2 week trial period. I would not hold my breath though.

R.B. Mernitz
M
M
Hopefully they will no longer be allowed on the North end after the 2 week period. Where can we voice our opinion on this matter?

M
M

B
B
I think this whole taxi thing is absurd. All you,re asking for is more crime north. The whole concept of us buying north was because of only golf cart traffic. The way taxi's drive in town it is a wonder more people aren't hit. They seem to think that they own the whole road. Plus are taxi's paying the bridge toll? Or is it just certain folks lining somebody's pocket?

M
M
Originally Posted by northern fun
I think this whole taxi thing is absurd. All you,re asking for is more crime north. The whole concept of us buying north was because of only golf cart traffic. The way taxi's drive in town it is a wonder more people aren't hit. They seem to think that they own the whole road. Plus are taxi's paying the bridge toll? Or is it just certain folks lining somebody's pocket?

It's exactly why I bought North, and it's part of my advertising as well to attract clients. We just had a mini van (which was NOT a taxi) stop and ask for directions. Infuriating!!

I must totally agree with the sentiments posted here. We are in the process of building a condo north of the bridge. The lack of vehicular traffic north was a huge deciding factor for us, as we also looked at some condos south of town. They were nice, but the traffic was a turn-off for us. Being from the US, one of the main things we hoped to escape from in Belize was traffic and so many motor vehicles. We were enchanted to find a place where a bike ride could take us to town for groceries rather than hopping into a car. We are very sad to read about this newest development and hope that the "trial" will remain just that.

Former Belize expat traveling the USA & Mexico
http://travelingtwosome.weebly.com
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.