Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm opening a bank account in San Pedro the next time I'm down. I know I need two referrals from my current bank but I'm not sure about the format.
When I do a search, there are some vague 'these people are really nice' type references but what exactly does this mean? My bank here wants to give me a standard 'upstanding financial customer' letter and they are looking at me like I'm an imbecile when I'm saying that the bank wants to know that I'm nice.
Can someone who has procured such a letter, which was accepted, please give me a basic format? Like Dear Sir, ______ and _____ are ____ ?

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
My bank simply stated that I had an active account starting from such and such a date and maintained a balance.
But there are other documents you need in addition to the letter from the bank. Right now I can't remember what they are.
BTW - If you intend to have an off shore account it is important to open that BEFORE you open the Belize account. When I opened my Provident account I had to state that I did NOT have a Belize bank account. Then, afterwards it was OK to open a Belize Account (and I am not talking Belize Bank)- I am with Heritage, which was Allaince - which btw is connected with Provident. Go figure! LOL

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks ScubaLdy. I won't need an offshore account so I'll just ask my bank for a 'financially responsible' letter and hope it's what they want.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.