Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by UK Rach
This is definitely Copper from Sundiver / YWAM, he lives a few doors away from me. He is a bit of a wanderer and likes to work his charms for treats, but he does have a home and is definitely not abandoned. I saw him back up in his 'hood 20 minutes ago so all good.

Glad he is back home. He does look well cared for. Just a free spirit I guess. I can relate.

Now I have a name to go with his face.

DC

L
L
Free spirit is wonferdul. However he needs to have ID, just as we all do. Dogs, pets are no different than people. If they go missing someone needs to know who they are and who to call. Dogs/pet don't speak. So put the # on the collar so the person than can speak will help or SAGA's #. HOPEFULLY!!!

L
L
oops Wonderful*

Originally Posted by Luvinlife
Dogs/pet don't speak.

If I leave my cell phone out on the table, my dog steals it. So he must be talking to someone. Fortunately he always hides it in his house so I know where to find it.

Dr Walkabout Buzzard

P
P
luvinlife - as you see down here everyone knows someone who knows someone so we don't "have" to have tags on animals, because you can ask a few people and the owner is found. There was a story similar on here last week with a Doberman, same result, except it usually happens by word of mouth. Result is the same method slightly different. Belize style I like to call it. I'm not even sure if there is a place you can get name tags here in San Pedro.

Pampered Paws can get name tags - you have to order them weeks in advance. My dog and my cats don't wear tags. They are annoying - the clinking drives them nuts. But as you said Phil, everybody would be able to figure out who they are and where they belong! I do try my best to keep them home though - and accompany them when they are out.

P
P
Gecko Graphics can make them in a few minutes, just $10.

You can write your name and phone # on the nylon collars (get a solid color) with a permanent-ink felt-tip pen (sharpies). It's a cheap solution, it's easy and it works. Lasts longer than a tag usually too.
When a pet wanders it saves time, saves energy saves angst. HOPEFULLY the owners are worried and would like to hear from the finders ASAP...... ?

A
A
Yes that is Copper he had a coller with name tag when we were down in January and the next day it was gone. I had a name tag made but never saw him again. Glad to see he is OK

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.