Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
We are in a contained area on this island, with only about 6 to 800 adults and maybe fifty criminals or less, nearly all of whom must ride the boats.
Our problems can be managed with unique solutions to fit our situation, but the GOB trained police have spent 35 years proving to me that they cannot slow the rise in crime.

I
I
Originally Posted by Dane
Most posts I see here are like my two previous.
We talk about the police but offer no solutions.At least Nate is trying to suggest something, based on the experiences he has had.
My solution is to encourage folks here to support a private security company with lots of cameras and a highly trained force paid on a monthly basis by those who want protection.
They would integrate completely with the police, providing camera and community intel, training, equipment etc.to the regular police.
As they rotate, the cops would take that training to other places.
The cameras would need 24 hour manning which could be done by off duty cops at the barracks. This would bring additional income they need badly to the honest ones, and a good reason to stay honest.
And a rapid police response.
The cops need a camera and a white paper on the wall to take pics of every crook they pick up, costing less than $100.
They need a $100 fingerprinting kit for the same guys. New cops could flip through the pics while they are dozing at the station so they get up to date on their first day, instead of on their last week on assignment here.
They need a camera over the Water Taxi ticket booth you would be obliged to show an ID when buying the ticket.
Got robbed? Look at these cam shots until you see the guy, holding up his ID.
None of these things would need a big budget. In fact I would pay for all three of these ideas, if the cops had support security to make it work.

Ohhh wow. I like the way you think Dane. Apparently what they are doing isn't working...is this not still something that the village council could do on their own anyway?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 168 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day