Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
It is not about rich and poor, it is about have and have not. If you have no money to buy food you will take food of anybody that has food, does not matter if they are rich or poor they have food and you do not.

IMHO

Diane, it's not that I disagree with you in over all principle but everyone involved in this instance seems to have had food. They just wanted the money, from the initial robbers to those that thought they'd hit the lotto. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there were as many holding back as there were grabbing for themselves.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Originally Posted by seashell
Diane, it's not that I disagree with you in over all principle but everyone involved in this instance seems to have had food. They just wanted the money, from the initial robbers to those that thought they'd hit the lotto. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there were as many holding back as there were grabbing for themselves.

Hi Seashell - please read my post again. I commented on Phil's mention that bad news travels fast on the internet. My comment was on how people enjoy spreading bad news. My comment had nothing at all to do with people grabbing money from the bag, not grabbing money from the bag, nor who has food to eat.

For the record, I don't support anybody grabbing money the way these folks did. It's looting.

P
P
Bad behavior is bad behavior. For citizens to loot that money while some poor guy was bleeding is horrible. This story is awful on so many levels. But in no way do I believe that the vendor population represents the many hard working people of SP who have so many fund raisers for their fellow citizens in need that it hard to keep up with it.

R
R
Broke people will grab flying cash.............I'm sad to here this story!

Namiste/Have a blessed day
Originally Posted by pamkillen
Bad behavior is bad behavior. For citizens to loot that money while some poor guy was bleeding is horrible. This story is awful on so many levels. But in no way do I believe that the vendor population represents the many hard working people of SP who have so many fund raisers for their fellow citizens in need that it hard to keep up with it.

Agree with Pam. I think it is also notable that local citizens were chasing the bad guy - putting themselves at risk to do the right thing. I hope Milo's will say thanks. THEY deserve a gift of turkey or ham.

Originally Posted by jhill123
Originally Posted by GLF4
But there is typically one glaring similarity all over the world. We are just not allowed to mention it...

When a population is oppressed and there are no jobs, or pay, then why not take from the rich? That's the elephant in the room.

Because if you're poor and a good person you don't steal, stab, loot or kill.

U
U
Originally Posted by Chris
Originally Posted by jhill123
Originally Posted by GLF4
But there is typically one glaring similarity all over the world. We are just not allowed to mention it...

When a population is oppressed and there are no jobs, or pay, then why not take from the rich? That's the elephant in the room.

Because if you're poor and a good person you don't steal, stab, loot or kill.

Yeah, because the rich would hate that competition.

Agree with Chris too. There are good, honourable people out there. A LOT of them.

G
G
I find it odd how all the perps in the pictures we see these days look so similar.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.