Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Here is some real truth from a Belizean mother: Kera Garbutt - Ladyville
"I don't live in San Pedro, I am from Ladyville, but when I heard the news about what happened to baby Faye, it touches me deep, because I have a little girl that is 15 years old. If it was me and if I had a man and they (the police) came to my house to find my 13 year old daughter dead, we definitely would have gotten charge for murder the same day. We would have been spending our time in jail until our case comes up to prove that it's not us who kill the person. At the end of the day we don't want them to get bail."

Anyone think we are going to see another John McAfee disappearing act here? Do they really think a bond and no passport is going to keep them here while they "investigate" the murder?

S
S
My bet is that they don't have the balls, connections or street smarts to go on the run. McAfee was never charged and out on bail, that was a different story. Nanes had a sh*tload of money to use, these two seem to be nothing better than leaches, child abusers/molesters/murderers.

J
J
I think you mean "more" and not "better" (your last line). Well I hope so.

Last edited by Johnhenry; 07/23/17 07:19 AM.
We will see! Is their store still operating or did thy close it up?

Last edited by dabunk; 07/23/17 10:56 AM.
S
S
She was just walking down the street towards her store with an angry group following.

Just passed the store half an hour ago - it was shuttered up - nothing other than a small black ribbon on the top of the hurricane door.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Anke Doehm Packs Up And Leaves Ambergris Caye In Four Hours

On Sunday, July 23, eye witnesses reported seeing Anke Doehm boarding the 10:30a.m. Ocean Ferry Water Taxi leaving Belize City with destination to San Pedro. Word quickly spread around San Pedro Town and residents lined up to confirm her arrival on Ambergris Caye.

Chanting "You Murdered Faye", those who gathered followed her as she walked on the beach, to Central Park, where she crossed over to Front Street (Barrier Reef Drive) to meet the nearest taxi past her store Rubi Moon.

Shortly after, Anke and her companion returned to the water taxi and left the island on the 4p.m. boat. Ambergris Today met up with Anke at the Ocean Ferry Belize City terminal where she was seen assisted by three more people, reportedly all Belizeans, who helped her with her luggage and drove her away.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the Ambergris Today

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Anke and David Doehm move to Reggae Street in Belize City

Doehm's Domicile Under Scrutiny In Port Loyola

American couple David and Anke Doehm may have moved out of San Pedro - but they continue to face harassment. Today's Amandala reports that they are staying at this non-descript home in the Port Loyola area and residents of the area want them out. We spoke to one resident who says the community wants to organize a protest - but police have asked him to hold it down for the time being. Police have instituted hourly patrols in the area. The resident told us that there are "about 50" children living in the area and their parents are concerned for their safety.

They are renting form a prominent businessman and landlord in the area.

The Doehm's have been charged for "cruelty to a child" - for the death of their adopted daughter Faye Lin Cannon. Her adopted sisters have all been taken into foster care.

Channel 7

Scram!!!

Arguably the most hated persons in San Pedro, Anke and David Doehm, have relocated to Belize City because San Pedranos have told them in no uncertain terms that they are not welcome to remain on the island after the brutal death of a 13-year-old girl who was in their care.

Tonight, however, residents of Reggae Street on Belize City's southside contacted Amandala to express their discomfort and displeasure with their new neighbors.

The Doehms moved in at around 10 o'clock this morning, but neighbors want them to move out immediately, because they fear that their presence might disrupt the peace in their community.

"Right here at this blue apartment building, the lady and the man who is accused of the little girl's death in San Pedro, is living in this area, and we, the residents of this area, are not pleased to have these people residing here," said one man, who further commented, "We would like them to go to the Kolbe Foundation, because our life is at stake. So we would like them to get out of this neighborhood as quickly as possible. They moved in here today, and we would like them to move out tonight."

Another woman who has lived on Reggae Street since 1989 told Amandala, "Me nuh want dey kinda people back yah, because they attract attention, and they attract things weh nuh fi happen to people."

She claimed that the Doehms were already considered "criminals," and so she did not want anyone seeking justice for Faye Lin Cannon, to come and "stone and shoot up in the area."

According to her, the lives of innocent residents are now in danger in an already poorly lit community.

"If yuh da wa hated person u nuh fi live inna wa community weh people love people. We nuh fight back yah, we nuh quarrel back yah, we watch one another wid love," she added.

Another woman echoed her sentiments, telling Amandala, "This neighborhood is getting peaceful. We just need them to move out of the apartment. My mother lives across from them, and they are putting our children at risk."

"Di same thing dem people da San Pedro want, da di same thing we want, get dem people inna Kolbe," said another man who wished to remain anonymous.

If the Doehms do not leave the area, residents say they, too, will lead protests to get them out by tomorrow, Friday.

The Doehms declined to comment to Amandala tonight.

They were recently released on Supreme Court bail after they were charged with cruelty to a child in connection with the death of their 13-year-old adopted child, Faye Lin Cannon, who, police reports say, had been physically and sexually abused before she died.

Amandala

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.