Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

What if we could conduct a virtual walking tour of Downtown Belize City say around the early 1900's. What would the buildings and surrounding areas look like as we come down the Swing Bridge, down Albert Street, into Regents street, and back to the Swing Bridge? Albert and Regent's Streets have the highest concentration of historic sites in the country and will become one big Ecomuseum. Join me as we take a tour of downtown Belize City. virtually. I hope you will enjoy the tour. Watch it with the music on it will stay in your head for a while.

You know, I am not sure about you all, but if I ever had the opportunity to travel in time, I would certainly want to go back in time and visit old British Honduras around the turn of the 1900's. Why this period? Because by this time Belize City was starting to develop into a thriving little city. Of course, we all know time travel is not possible at this time, or is it?

If you really want to visit downtown Belize City and see what it must have looked like at the turn of the last century, let's go on a historic tour of downtown with me. This tour will be accomplished through historic photographs of downtown. The tour will come with maps to show you where we are during the tour and there will be "red stars" on the photos to help identify the objects you will be reading about during the tour. You will also see some "red arrows" on the map. Those arrows will show you the area the photograph is covering in relation to the map.

I hope you will enjoy the tour.

by Regent Albert

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize City Looking Back

Let's take a quick look at the history of Belize City.
Credit: Infomation provided by the Belize Archives Department
Music by Alexander Pustylnik with his permission

The music is from the Song 'Sunny" performed by the Boney M group. They were the only or one of the few famous black German bands in the 70's and the performers all came from the Caribbean (Jamaica, Montserrat and Aruba).

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.