Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
boo boo you will catch your fill of reef fish ,when are you going ????? when I was there 4/8 to 13 they where on a feed ,some had eggs and where ready to spawn ,we released lots of fish .and we hooked some huge critters we did not land ,let me know how you did .the wheather plays a big factor in the catch ,wind speed ,moon tide ,and how many beers you had the night before ?????????????????????,

Living The Dream Every Day!
OP Offline
b b f b try this place for lunch and dinner the conch fritters have chunks of conch ,with a little kick in the side of sauce,but not too spicy ,had them for my first taste of the place ,fell in love .on my 5 star list could take this wonderful couple to n.y open a restuarant and get rich with them .but I think thats not there style ,they like the Island ,and love the people ,and are happy campers together ,they say if you love what you do you will never work a day in you life ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

S
S
Here's the official version of the pronunciation and meaning of Lagniappe (right off the T-Shirt):

la-gniappe
(LAN-yap)

n. Chiefly Southern Louisiana & Mississippi
A small gift given a customer by a merchant at the time of purchase; broadly: something given or obtained gratuitously or by way of good measure.

[Louisiana French, from American Spanish la ñapa,the gift : la, the (from Latin illa, feminine of ille, that, the; see al-1 in Indo-European roots)+ ñapa (variant of yapa, gift, from Quechua, from yapay, to give more).]

"We picked up one excellent word" wrote Mark Twain in Life on the Mississppi (1883), "a word worth travelling to New Orleans to get; a nice limber, expressive, handy word --'lagniappe.'

Cheers,

Simon...

OP Offline
simon I stand corrected,Iwill pick up a shirt ,if it comes in my xxl.but a little something extra is as close as I can get ,to the translation ,Ineed a few beers ,and a bowl of gumbo to do better ...have a great day and a good easter ,see you soon ,yours ...the capt,jeff

Great report Capt,

I hope our fishing is a as productive in May. I'd like to hook something really big - what a rush, even if we have to cut it loose.
Thanks for the food report. Sounds like we are going to enjoy ourselves too much.
Looking forward to meeting you, see you soon.

The Shark

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
C
C
Capt...what's the name of the place with the Conch fritters?

OP Offline
river shark we will do even better ,who is going on the 5 of may is your honey going ??? some one else on the bord wanted to go ,I need to look up her name ???? bc bar bar b que on the 4 for shure what time for the feast ??? I will get there early to get pole position ,lets keep in touch yours the capt,

OP Offline
chucklebutt,the name of the place is lagniappe across from fidos in a little cove cool place gret food ,check out the fritters ,,,,,super duper ,very good yours the capt,,,,,

Hey Capt,

The wife wants to go if we aren't going to be out all day.

As for the BBQ, you get pole position and we'll be there as soon as we can. We'll tell the DMs we need to be back early for the BBQ - nothing a little tip can't fix.

The Shark

"We're gonna need a bigger boat" - Brody
OP Offline
we will go half day like 7 to 12 or we could leave at 8 am to 1 .we need to see the wheather conditions ,the tide ,the moon ,the beer in the box ,only kidding ,we can fish 4 people max we have 3 now he will charge 30 us more for 4 people or 15 more for 3 people comes to like 63 per person for 3 or 50 person for 4 real cheap that inc soda ,water , and 2 beers per person if you drink ,plus the tip we will have a great time his son baits the hooks takes off the fish cleans the catch ,does it all .some times when the water is clear you can see the fish in the back of the boat ,swiming around ,or a cuda chase a fish next to you bait than bite your bait wow great action

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.