Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
May is generally the dryest month.

who ar eyou going with in May? I have been there twice and it shouldn't be rainy in May. When it rains, it is breif periods of rain.
KE

Greetings all...
We're newbies here and are trying to plan a trip to Ambergris Caye. We are looking for ideas on where to stay, adventures etc. We want to dive, play, relax...start all over again.
Thanks for any ideas.
Rick and Linda

Hello Nancyo

We are going to AC May 2 thru May 9. This will be our first trip to AC. Been to Cozumel many times, mostly in April, and assumed that the climate and rain in AC would be similar to what I encounter there.

Cheri, Just make sure they are careful as the sun down there is alot closer to the earth. 15 minutes in the sun is equal to, I would say an hour or more in most parts of the states. You will burn before you even know it happened. Try to ware a sun block for most the time, and when ya lay out, assuming the sky is clear, keep it under an hour, say 30 minutes per side,(untill ya find out your sensitivity than more I guess)if its pretty cloudy you can get away with more. Remember that when its coudy that doesnt mean you cannot get burned.

Rick and Linda, Its a very common question your asking. Pick something that fits your personal preferences, youll find that you can pretty much chose any place to stay that fits your budget, and love it! Everyone is nice down there! If you want to be in town, walking distance from everything, or if you want to be away from town, where youll need a cab, bike, scooter or golfcart. Your choice. You cannot go wrong on the island though, full of very friendly and kind people. Stay beach side and youll be all good. Ive stayed with the hideaway, which after some 20 years or so is now closed, and also the Yacht club. Everyone likes everywhere they stay, so its kinda your choice, find out the locations and services available to you at each place. I prefer to be near town myself. As for diving, the island has many diveshops, and are all very professional with well seasoned divemasters. I cant suggest one over the other but I can tell ya this or should I say heres a hint, some have newer, bigger, faster more comfortable boats than others, comparing prices I think youll find they are all pretty much the same, although some may have specials on certain days. Bringing your own gear sometimes isnt worth it as most the shops have really nice new, well maintained and most importantly safe, gear available for 15 bucks or so. Make sure ya do hol chan and shark ray alley, always fun to dive that, a shallow dive but lots of fish, rays and sharks and my favorite, the night dive. Eat everywhere, even the really small places are very good sometimes even better than the bigger ones. The food is excellent down there. So enjoy and hope that helped ya a little. I know it was kinda indirect as to a particular place, but like I said, you really cant chose a "bad" place on the island to stay, and everyone is very very kind hearted. Have fun

N
N
Dave, sorry we will miss you - but you'll be back before we go - so you can supply us with all of your tips! This will be our first trip to AC also - been to many other islands, but not this one. Can't wait. Have fun. NancyO

C
C
Phoenix: Thanks for the info - I am going to forward these responses to my sun worshipping girls. I am getting a good feel that May is not as rainy as I had originally read. That is a good thing! I am anxious for my daughters to see this place... and me too!!!
Originally posted by Phoenix East:
Cheri, Just make sure they are careful as the sun down there is alot closer to the earth. 15 minutes in the sun is equal to, I would say an hour or more in most parts of the states. You will burn before you even know it happened. Try to ware a sun block for most the time, and when ya lay out, assuming the sky is clear, keep it under an hour, say 30 minutes per side,(untill ya find out your sensitivity than more I guess)if its pretty cloudy you can get away with more. Remember that when its coudy that doesnt mean you cannot get burned.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 87 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.