Hello all,
Just an update to yesterday. We have a few estimates at this point (mechanic for the police, our independant mechanic, The Victoria House mechanic)all of these estimates came in at $1000, $400 and $550 USD respectfully. Our conference with her yesterday to show her the estimates was no good, her estimate states $6000 USD and they wont budge. I still have not received my $6000 dollar refund. She almost got herself arrested yesterday charging that to my CC after the police forbid her to use my card. She produced a paper that showed there had been a void of that charge however, as of 9am this morning Amercian Express does not see that credit. The Victoria house has been amazing to us, they have contacted a lawyer in Belize City and we had a conference this morning. He said they may not have enough time to get all of the necessary paperwork together before we leave, so if they file after we're gone we may have a hard time getting back into the country. This is really upsetting to me because we love it here. I cannot begin to tell you how much support we've received from the community. We hung out at Pedros last night (LOVED their pizza) and we spoke to several people who were very passionate about our cause (I wont name names because I wouldn't want anyone to be adversely affected my our unfortunate incident) but you know who you are and we thank you for being so kind to us. It seems the entire community knows about this situation, this morning the victoria house staff gave us a ride on their golf cart to town. When we stopped for traffic a man on the side of the road told the driver, "hey you wanna come in and shop for golf cart parts?" I thought that was hillarious. Anyhow, I will keep you posted on Thank for all of your kind words and advice. I love my AMEX but I will use only cash from here on out for security deposits.
Sandra