Boricua, You may not be aware that some of the owners up north have paid for the road being "punched" and grated just north of Journey's End northward, but it is true nonetheless. The main reason we paid Casey to do this was to keep the golf carts off of the beach because they were destroying it. You could not stroll the beach without being ran over by golf carts. It was not done because we want the traffic, but, as I said, to divert it off of the beach. Even at best, it is not a pleasant way to get to town, IMHO. A nice, quick, cool and breezy boat ride to town is much preferable to me than a hot, mosquito infested, bumpy, dusty, and long ride on a golf cart. But that's just me. I'm with Simon, keep the water taxis in business. The very LAST thing I want to see driving past our house is a car or truck. Part of the charm is not being accessible by car. It's all about choice. For now, Ambergris can give you that choice. How great is that?

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."