Let's keep beating this dead horse!!! SFJeff, you have a first class resort...good work! Corona Steve, try to follow me on this one. In most places around the states there are zoning restrictions. Usually houses are in residential zones and Wal-Mart is in a commercial zone. Hotels are in mixed areas. Ac is unique, long and skinny. The cart path north across the cut winds past homes, a few commercial properties(Palapa Bar, Sweet Basils etc.) and some resorts. As more resorts such as Belize Legacy or larger move up the coast it creats a bit of a problem, And they are planning moving folks without a road. Usually busy streets moving a lot of traffic don't wind through residential areas. So by building a road north to the most remote resort or homes presents a traffic nightmare. Put all of the residents, employees,food and beverage vehicles on this road wich will be about 15 miles long. Now envision the island visitors using taxis, busses or the monorail(sorry, I couldn't help myself laugh ) traveling this road each day. Does the "Hollywood Freeway" become a luxury or a nightmare. And I have seen the island by air all of the way to Mexico. Unless you have a Billion dollars to drive pilings into the swamp land you won't hide the road from anyone. Here in Southern California we have a fantastic place called Catalina Island. It's 28 miles from the mainland. Everyday a DC-3 flys goods out to the island and it gets shipped 12 or so miles from the airstrip to Avalon, the resort town. Helicopters and large ferrys take thousands of visitors to the island each year. This amazes me! I can't figure out why we don't just build a 26 mile causway from Long Beach to Avalon like the Florida Keys????? Then we could just jump in our SUV's and drive over in 20 minutes!!!!! cool