Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#220789 04/15/06 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
bringing dogs easy than birds well just put them on a carriage or as cargo it will take u couple of ours to cleared them and if you bring them most of the time they question is u bringing your dogs to breed so they will want to charge you extra for that.

but depends ofn the airline too if they will bring that breed of dog so u migth want to check that too.
ok.
cheers and hope big geoge and tol don't get yout dog man .

#220790 04/15/06 03:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
If your dog is spayed or neutered, be sure to bring the certificate, and you won't be charged for breeding!

#220791 04/15/06 03:45 PM
J
jubilee Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the info, they are both spayed, so that shouldn't be a problem. As far as them getting poisoned, I feel pretty safe because they are never more than a foot away from me, my kids or my husband, have impeccable manners, and are alway leashed and have never roamed. Our house is a little away from the main part, so most people will probably rarely if ever see them. Again, thanks for the helpful info.

#220792 04/16/06 10:00 AM
C
C
Just one final word, you dog does not have to be loose to be poisoned. The guy doing this targets dogs. They will throw poison over your fence into your yard. Big dogs are a target,if they want your dog gone it will be. The reason alot of new comers have trouble here is they think thing will be different for them, they ask advice and dont listen. My Rotweiler was 10 years old very non aggressive, never let alone off the property, she had displasia and could hardly walk. Getting her here was easy, 5 minutes at custums . I wish to god I had never brought her.

#220793 04/17/06 02:08 PM
A
A
Get an International Vet certificate 72 hours maximum, before entering and a Import permit from Baha, cost is minimal. Keep an eye on your pooch. Bad minded people don't only live in Belize. They are everywhere, horror stories abound in every community.
Allie

#220794 04/20/06 11:48 PM
K
K
This whole email string is quite an eye opener to me. We recently visited CC and fell madly in love with the location, the weather and, MOSTLY, the people.

There are truly individuals who go around poisoning dog even when those dogs have responsible owners?!?!?

Has anyone had a POSTIVE experience with bringing animals to CC?

#220795 04/21/06 10:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Quoted from the San Pedro Daily today
News Tips, Rumours,

Letters to the Editor

Apparently the town council is poisoning dogs again-there are a few packs running around (south end)
The unfortunate thing (not that it makes it any better), as with previous operations like this (if it is actually officially sanctioned (we've been given warnings in the past)), it's been people's pets that appear to have been killed, not strays. All pet owners should be aware that, if their pets are running wild, they are at significant risk. There are people that don't love your animal(s) as much as you might.

#220796 04/23/06 02:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Gandhi

#220797 04/23/06 06:33 PM
C
C
The Village Council is not poisoning dogs here. The past council did practice this and some may still be doing it. Beto is a member of a newly formed Humane Society on the island. About 6 weeks ago he brought traps to the island tand was responsible for trapping and spay and neutering of dozens of cats, they are the ones with the clipped ears. He has said and I quote as long as I am in office their will be no poisonings by the Village Council. We now have an antidote on the island. and euthinasia drugs to put down trouble animals, contact Belize Dive Services for more info. Yes their are those here that are poisoning dogs, cats and children. IT IS ILLEGAL. fines of up to $1.000. There has also been a reward offered for arrest of anyone doing this with part of the money donated by our Village Councilman.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
#220798 04/24/06 12:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Damn if parents give attention to their kids... she would have had not be taken to Belize, in the first place. Second , Dogs are a problem here. Oh and about serving me a place with posion? I wil eat that after you do lee *(47 !
One thing... I have a dog. I care for him . He is my baby and if every owner cares about his do .. dog posioning will be history here .

Bu I think some people need to be living here to know reality.

Say and that is it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day