Not sure if 40 yrs. in practice actually entitles me to "enlighten" anyone, but I believe most doctors from foreign medical schools and residency program must pass U.S. boards to practice in the U.S.
Belize also requires physicians to serve as government employed physicians for a required number of years.

R.B. Mernitz