FISHING REPORT

January 15 - 22nd, 2012

Weather Conditions: Mostly sunny with a few showers. With that we also had some sensational rainbows!

Winds: NNE then moved to ESE.

Air Temperature: Highs: 27 C/ 81F Lows: 20 C/ 68F

Water Temperature: 78

Moonphase: Last quarter on the 16th.

WHAT GUESTS WERE CATCHING:

BONEFISH: Jill didn't think she could do it, but congratulations for your first several bonefish on fly gal! Trapper and Adam got into bonefish armies out in the back lagoon via our Fish Hawk Kayaks. There were a few 7 lb bonefish landed out in the lagoon this week. Tailing fish! Ian and Ian, father and son had some incredible bonefishing with Captain Raton.

PERMIT: Dan landed his permit on fly the last day he was here with Captain Kechu! Talk about the big incentive for coming back! And then, I don't know his magic, but Steve landed 5 permit on fly, in addition to his grand slam! How is that? He and Captain Emir were unstoppable. And Captain Carlos lead Whitey into 2 permit on fly - not bad from a guy who lives in Smithers!

TARPON: Steve did it for his grand slam on fly! Gary and Captain Cesar knocked it out of the park on the first cast of the day! A nice 40 lb fish on fly, way to go Gary. Whitey had one on over by Solanas, but they lost it. And then way to go Grant from Botswana - landed tarpon of fly with Captain Sinoe. And then they partied! Imagine�.

SNOOK: Steve was going for his "Super Grand Slam" but didn't find any takers for the fly. Snook fishing should stay around for another month or so - or until the dry season starts.

FLIES THAT WORKED

Some innovative crab patterns for permit , but mostly Christmas Islands size 4 and 6 for permit in orange. Savannah fish are loving 1/0 in light tans, yellows�.. bunnies, toads, cockroach patterns all working. Dan's fly was the winner for bonefish, but it's a secret. Oh well, time to get at the vice and copy!

This Week's Summary:

We had this wonderful wacky group from Botswana this week. We all had such a good time as we watched big time game hunting guides in Africa turn into Belizean tourists. Way to go. Ian Sr. said, "I'm so surprised that there are people here from all different walks of life, yet we all get along so well! " My answer, fishing. Fishing is the common denominator here at El Pescador. And it is truly magic. Listen to this one. Dan was a little sad in the morning before fishing. The weather was looking challenging at best. I walked in to the restaurant and said, "Well, this looks like the day I went out and landed a permit last week!" Dan said, "Yeah, last week stories." I went on to tell him how a double rainbow came out and then I landed my permit. So, he and Jill go out to see what the day was going to bring with Captain Kechu. Rainbows and permit! Yeah!

Guide of the week: Captain Emir for bringing Steve into his first Grand Slam and�..5 permt. All on fly. Wow.

L-A [email protected]

Fishing photo of the week:

El Pescador guest Travis's Grand Slam